Title

The Art of Apollo Okamura

Warning!

WARNING!
If you've found this blog after googling my name regarding Rental properties, I DO NOT, and HAVE NOT ever owned any rental property.
The person you spoke to is using my name as a false identity! Please contact your local police and report them immediately!
If you wish to speak to me directly, you may contact me here, and I will be happy to answer any questions.

May 10, 2011

Happy Belated New Year!!

Okay, so it’s May already... Happy New Year, all the same!

The past few months have been crazy hectic. I’ve gotten sick twice, ran a secret workshop, drew some interior art, worked on some animation, and started work on the cover for the Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook. Of course, all this while teaching my regular classes.
I did mention animation... although that will also have to wait until the next update. There’s a couple things I’m waiting on before I can show them to you. So, until then, here’s art for Rifter #54, the last chapter of the Hammer of the Forge, and likely my last contribution to the Rifter.

The picture was a collaboration piece between myself and another great artist, Nicholas Hendriks, who’s wonderful artwork can be found here: http://nicholashendriks.com/ .
We were both rushed a bit due to many different factors, but suffice it to say, I think it turned out alright. Nick designed the composition/layout, while I drew up the details, and Nick finished off with the tones. Despite not getting to put in as much time as we hoped, it was a lot of fun, and I hope I’ll get to do it again some time!

Anyway, here’s the pic below:
Kassy and Abbot square off against Geryon, the Kreeghor commander, while a wounded Caleb looks on, in the final chapter of the Hammer of the Forge's 14 year long saga.


No comments:

Post a Comment