Title

The Art of Apollo Okamura

Warning!

WARNING!
If you've found this blog after googling my name regarding Rental properties, I DO NOT, and HAVE NOT ever owned any rental property.
The person you spoke to is using my name as a false identity! Please contact your local police and report them immediately!
If you wish to speak to me directly, you may contact me here, and I will be happy to answer any questions.

June 27, 2014

My Venture into the Third Dimention

So earlier this month I mentioned I've been trying my hand at learning how to use Maya.
My first project, following online lessons from Digital Tutors, had me creating, rigging, and animating a robot from scratch.

Thought you all might get a kick out of seeing how it turned out.


Since doing this, I've discovered a few things: my laptop can't handle 3D particles, or 3D animation very well, and it's not crazy about tons of textures either.

It's still pretty quirky, but after 2 DAYS of rendering, waiting to see how it turned out (and hogging my computer), I don't think I'll be going back to make changes. But, for my first ever foray into 3D, I'm pretty happy with it.

So this will probably be first and last animated 3D piece I do until I get myself a new computer. Though, in the meantime, I'll probably focus more on learning to model instead.

Next update... More Robotech art.

No comments:

Post a Comment