Title

The Art of Apollo Okamura

Warning!

WARNING!
If you've found this blog after googling my name regarding Rental properties, I DO NOT, and HAVE NOT ever owned any rental property.
The person you spoke to is using my name as a false identity! Please contact your local police and report them immediately!
If you wish to speak to me directly, you may contact me here, and I will be happy to answer any questions.

December 11, 2015

2015 in Review

So, this has been another odd year for me...

A good chunk of 2015 I've spent dealing with the pinched nerve causing problems with my drawing arm. Needless to say I haven't done a ton of drawing or freelance art.

Despite that, I was able to actually finish my animation video tutorials and likewise, make them available to the public on udemy.

If you still haven't seen them, check out the link here:

https://www.udemy.com/animating-traditionally-with-toon-boom/

I've also gone back to learning video game creation. It's something that I really enjoyed as a kid, but never pursued, and it's amazing seeing all the tools now widely available.
I got hooked on Game Maker Studio back in 2013, and I'm already rusty. So this year, I've been having fun going through a couple more tutorials.
Let me know if you want to see a sample of one of the finished tutorial games!

I was also able to complete a re-creation of Dungeons & Dragons' Keep on the Shadowfell, using RPG Maker VX Ace! Basing much of the game on playing sessions I ran back when I was teaching at Sheridan. Unfortunately, I can't release it to the public as it was made with liberal use of copyright materials/media. So it's going to have to stay a personal project. Sorry all.

Speaking of games... Development continues on my table-top card game.
Mechanically, I'd say it's pretty much done, and I'm hoping to start drawing up art in January.

In case you're wondering; no, I won't be publishing the game through Kickstarter. It would be logistically impossible for me to handle publication and distribution by myself. Hopefully, I'll be able to show it to a few publishers at gaming conventions next year, and find someone to pick it up.

In the meantime, I'm still waiting on a couple other developments, but I guess I'll just have to see what 2016 brings.

Until then, here's wishing everyone a happy holidays and all the best in the new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment